Congratulations to SGE's Staff of the Year for 2017-2018!
Teacher of the Year: Kaitlin Fox - Functional Academics Teacher (K-5)
Rookie of the Year: Morgan Daniels - Music Teacher
Support Staff of the Year: Veronica Escaname - Literacy Coach
Paraprofessional of the Year: Jernique (Nikki) Barnes - Educational Assistant (Pre-K)
Group Picture from Left to Right: Jernique (Nikki) Barnes, Veronica Escaname, Kaitlin Fox, Morgan Daniels
Staff of the Year were chosen by colleagues through voting and short answer reasons for votes. The criteria for the voting can be found below.
Criteria considered for Staff of the Year:
- A concern for students and the capability to inspire them.
- The ability and willingness to work cooperatively with colleagues.
- A drive to initiate activities, which improve instruction for students.
- An ability to work effectively with different groups.
- The desire to stay informed of current educational theories and practices.
- An ability and willingness to make meaningful contributions to education.