Collection Development 3 Year Plan
ShadowGlen Elementary School Library
This plan should be implemented after generating a comprehensive inventory report in Destiny at the beginning or end of each school year.
1. Weed damaged, lost, outdated books annually.
2. Replace titles of lost or damaged books in a series or that are popular titles with students.
3. Purchase award-winning books appropriate for campus level: Caldecott, Newbery, 2 x 2, Texas Bluebonnet, Coretta Scott King, etc.
4. Peruse sources for recommended library lists in all areas.
5. Utilize Collection Analysis report in Destiny to increase the number of items per student addressing Texas Library Standards deficits and specific campus needs such as bilingual and Dewey sections that are inadequate.
6. Request recommendations from patrons (staff, students, parents) to purchase titles for the collection.